Every Sunday we’ll post some of our favorite national and local news stories from the food world.
Have a suggestion for an article/item? Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @buffaloeats.
Want to catch up on some of our past Sunday Reading articles? Click here for our archives.
- Andrew Galarneau checks out the newly revamped Polish Villa II [Buffalo News]
- Zillycakes may have closed, but Firefly will bring Stumptown to Elmwood [Buffalo News]
- Billy Baroo’s is a real restaurant name and the apparently serve Beef on Weck [Buffalo News]
- Christa Glennie Seychew asks some foodie folks about their memories of Zillycakes [Buffalo Spree]
- Kegworks opened their retail store today, Buffalo.com interviewed them. [Buffalo.com]
- Check out Black Rock’s newest restaurant, The Phoenix [Buffalo Rising]
- Annie checked out Chef Bruce Wieszala’s Pig Butchering Workshop [Peapodriot]
- Annie also checked out The Lunch Box in St. Catherines [Peapodriot]
- Check out what Giancarlo’s serving for lunch [StepOutBuffalo]
- Picky Eater heads to OP’s BW’s Barbeque [Picky Eater]
- Check out the weird stuff you can order at McDonald’s around the world [Gizmodo]
- Noma has an issue with a norovirus, diners get pretty damn sick [Eater]
- Chef Panisse goes up in flames, will be closed for a while [Eater]
- Check out Slate’s new food podcast, Table to Farm [Slate]
- Beverly Kim suffers PTSD from Top Chef? I’d believe it. [Chicago Tribune]
- Columbia students are going through 100 lbs of Nutella a day [NY Post]
- Marilyn Haggerty bravely revists Olive Garden one year later, still thinks its great [Grand Forks]
- Here’s 11 ridiculously specific gadgets for your kitchen,