In May 2010 Chef Dan Tracy (Mothers, Tempo, Black & Blue), a local chef who worked in the restaurant industry for over 18 years, was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease). The following year he started The Iron Event to help those dealing with this debilitating disease and the financial strains it can bring.
On Monday September 9th, the 3rd Iron Event will take place at Pearl Street Grille & Brewery and is looking to be the biggest one to date. Some of the most talented chefs in Western New York’s restaurant scene will be preparing dishes for attendees and will be competing for prizes for the best dish of the night. Looking at the names below, it’s pretty obvious that there will be some really good food.
Tickets for Iron Event are for sale right now and only cost $30 ($35 day of the event). The event will also have a musical guest (Cue The Sun) and Chinese and silent auctions (one of the prizes is a guitar signed by Led Zeppelin). This seems like a really exciting event and we are looking forward to attending and supporting a good cause while eating really good food.
- Nate Stockmaster (Pan American Grille)
- J Lennon Lewandowski (Oliver’s)
- Steve Gedra (Bistro Europa)
- Mike Andrzejewski (SeaBar, Cantina Loco, Tappo, Mike A’s)
- Jill Forster (Nickel City Cheese and Mercantile)
- Chris Daigler (Encore)
- Bruce Wieszala (Tabree)
- Matt DiCamillo (DiCamillo’s Bakery)
- Frank Mercado (M&T Executive Dining Club)
- Jeff Cooke (Osteria 166)
- Jennifer Boye (Mansion on Delaware)