Last week we had most of our Podcast Guests from the last two years talk about their favorite meals from 2013. This week we’ll have our ‘staff’ talk about their favorite meals from 2013. Today is the first post, featuring our podcast producer Tom describing his favorite meals of 2013. Even though he still eats Jim’s Steakout on a regular basis, he’s come a long way and tried some new things this year.
Here’s what made his top five…
5. Briskettown – Holy shit, I’ve never had meat that tasted this good in my life. It was tender enough that it melted in your mouth. This was one of those rare meals where I actually said out-loud “this is stupid good” while actually eating. I cannot wait to go back and try this place again.
4. Elm Street Bakery – The best pizza I’ve eaten this year, by far, came from Elm Street. Cooked at just the right temperature with just the right amount of sauce and delicious fresh mozzarella.
3. Ippudo – I had the pleasure of going to NYC with Donnie this past October for the first time since I was 17. One of the stops we were set on making was Ippudo, which gave me a taste for real ramen. Delicious broth, tasty noodles and great pork all combined for a fantastic meal.
2. Black Market Food Truck – Mike and Christian are putting out some of the best (if not the best) sandwiches in Buffalo. I’ve had their banh mi more times than I can remember, and each one was absolutely delicious. They’re great guys making great food, what more can you ask for?
1. Mike A’s at the Hotel Lafayette – Amazing cocktails, delicious oysters, and a perfectly cooked steak. For a special occasion, I can’t think of anything else I’d rather have. Chef Ed Forster’s food was phenomenal that July night and Tony Rials’ drinks are my favorite in Buffalo. I’m already thinking about the next time I can grab a Sazarac, I’m obsessed with that drink.
Check back tomorrow for more 2013 Year End Coverage with our 13 Favorite Food Pictures and Alli’s Favorite Meals from 2013.