The Current Buffalo Eats Staff:
- Donnie Burtless, founder – Donnie started Buffalo Eats on February 2009. He was once an extremely picky eater but overnight changed his ways and decided to keep track of his food adventures. He hosted the competitive eating series Hungry Hungry Buffaloes, currently hosts the Eat It Up podcast every Tuesday and has been featured on several Buffalo.com videos since 2011. Donnie has also judged various food festivals, appeared on other podcasts and WGRZ, check out his blogger resume here. Follow Donnie on twitter @DonBuffaloEats
- Alli Suriani, editor – Without Alli, Donnie’s posts would sound like they were written by a middle school-er. Along with being the dining partner in the majority of the Buffalo Eats Food Porn’s, Alli has also become quite the foodie and just recently started a new feature called Where to Eat This Weekend. Follow Alli on twitter @AlliBuffaloEats.
- Tom Burtless, podcast producer/web designer – Tom is an occasional dining companion but has been vital in starting the Eat It Up podcast (he knows how to work the software and it’s his equipment). We are hoping to eventually start that long awaited video series at some point in 2012. Follow Tom on twitter @TomBuffaloEats.
- Lauren Suriani, graphic designer – Lauren has been with Buffalo Eats since the beginning, helping design all of our logos for the website and merchandise. She currently lives in Vermont with her boyfriend Ted and her cat Obi. Following Lauren on twitter @Laurnnnn.
- Alicia Greco, contributor – Alicia is currently a student at Canisius College and will be writing the occasional article for Buffalo Eats. When not she’s not studying, she also is a music blogger at BuffaBLOG. You can follow Alicia on twitter @agrexxx [click here to see all of Alicia’s posts]
- Adam Kern – Adam has written several beer reviews for the site in the past and even detailed one of his first home brewing experiences for a multi-part post. He owns and operates My Buffalo Shirt and has made all of the Buffalo Eats T-Shirts throughout the years. [click here to see all of Adam’s posts]
- Alexandra Farrington – Alex is a foodie who’s traveled around the world and has some serious hands on farming experience. In 2012 she wrote a review of The Remington Tavern and even got a tour of the kitchen. Follow Alex on twitter @trampabroad. [click here to see her post]
- Ann Awad – Ann wrote 4 articles for Buffalo Eats while attending UB, she has since moved to NYC to continue her career/education in journalism. Follow her on twitter @allanntastic. [click here to see all of Ann’s posts]
- Adam Pfleegor – Adam was one of our first guest contributors and also one of the most popular, he wrote 15 articles for the site from 2009 to 2010. He reviewed some popular institutions for Buffalo Eats like Schwabl’s, Kuni’s, Sample and Lake Effect Diner and even wrote the occasional beer review. Adam is currently going to college in Louisiana. [click here to see all of Adam’s posts]
- Chris Williams – Chris is a childhood friend and a long time blogger, in 2009 he wrote 3 posts for the site. Chris has also written a couple articles for Sabres blog Die By the Blade and started Buffalo Urban Explorer and Buffalo Bitching. [click here to see all of Chris’s posts]
- Dave Goodwin – Dave is an inspiring journalist who is currently attending Canisius College, back in 2010 he wrote a couple posts for the site. Since then he’s interned at several local papers and has continued his battle against eating at horrible chain restaurants. Follow Dave on twitter @callmedgoodz. [click here to see all of Dave’s posts]
- Doug Szczepanski – Doug’s a former co-worker who loves to cook at home, in 2009 he provided a couple recipes for his famous Chicken Wing Dip, Veggie Pizza and Oreo Balls. [click here to see all of Doug’s posts]
- Mike Khoury – Mike’s contribution to Buffalo Eats is much larger then the single post he wrote for the site, he is most likely the one person responsible for the foodie journey Donnie and All started in 2009. After writing his single post about Lent, he came back 3 years later to guest host Episode 30 of Eat It Up. He currently lives in NYC and continues to make Donnie really jealous.
- Walter Smietana – Our friend Walt can occasionally get obsessed with a new hobby, in 2010 he took home cooking to a new level. He chronicled several attempts at cooking mostly healthy recipes in a series of detailed posts called ‘Cookin’ With Walt’. [click here to see all of Walt’s posts]